Kodi APK is one of the most versatile and open-source media players used for streaming different digital media content. It can also be said that the Kodi app indirectly plays the role of Cable TV. If you are someone who is searching for the perfect way to get all the latest movies and TV shows then the Kodi app is the perfect choice. It will fulfill all your entertainment needs together. Kodi is completely a user-friendly application and it also supports audio and video in different formats. Kodi does not produce its own content rather it provides you the way to stream all the media on a single platform on your device. It turns your device into a digital set-top box.
The Kodi APK is developed by the XMBC Foundation which is known to be a completely non-profit organization. The app was initially launched in the year 2004. It is available for Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
How to Download Kodi APK for Android?
There are two different ways through which we can download the Kodi App for Android.
Downloading Kodi from Google Play Store
Kodi app is now officially available on Google Play Store. To download it from the Play Store, follow the basic steps which are given below
- First, go to the Google Play Store on your Android device and then search for the Kodi app in the search box.
- The Kodi application will appear on the top of your search list. Select and open it.
- Now, make a click on the option of Download and the app will start its download procedure.
- Once it is downloaded on your Android device, tap on the Install button to begin the app installation process.
- The installation process will take some minutes and then the app will be ready to use.
Downloading Kodi from Its Official Website
Kodi can be also downloaded from its official website in case if you are not able to download it from the Google Play Store.
Follow these basic and easy steps to download Kodi app from its official website.
- Visit the web browser on your Android device and then type the URL – https://kodi.tv/download to go to the official download page of Kodi. There you will find an option to download the Kodi APK file.
- Make a click on the Download option and it will start downloading the Kodi APK file to your device.
- Once the download procedure is completed, go to the Settings application of your device and then head to the Security menu.
- In the Security menu, TURN ON the Unknown Sources option so that your device allows app installation from unknown sources.
- In the next step, go to the Downloads folder and you will find the Kodi APK file saved there. Open the file and begin the installation process.
- Once the Kodi app is successfully installed, launch the app and start using it for unlimited entertainment.
Features of Kodi
- Kodi app provides its users the feature to install a lot of add-ons that offer unlimited movies and TV shows for free. This feature helps to enhance the overall experience while using the application.
- This open-source media player comes with an easy user interface that can be customized according to your convenience. It has a variety of skins which can change the look of the interface completely to a new one.
- Kodi offers you the feature to use your Android Smartphone as a remote control that lets you control the media content in your own way.
- It also allows the users to record live TV shows so that they can watch these shows later in their free time.
- Along with the latest movies and TV shows, the Kodi app can also be used to play audios in various formats such as mp3, Wav etc.
- Kodi provides you a feature called Kodi Built through which you can install everything that is required with just a single click.
- It also provides the feature of JSON-RPC-based remote interface via which you directly communicate with the management team of the Kodi App.
From all the information given above, we can conclude by saying that the Kodi APK is an all-in-one application for entertainment purposes. Kodi is almost similar to the VLC Media player but Kodi provides some extra unique features which are not available in the VLC Media Player. Kodi is mostly used for streaming content from all over the internet. It is a little bit complicated to use and you need to have some basic knowledge of the software to access it properly. But once you learn how to use it, you will find that the app is amazing.
How does Kodi differ from all the other media players?
Kodi differs from all the other media players as it is the only media player which enables you to bring all the digital media content to a single platform.
Is it safe to use Kodi?
Yes, Kodi is completely safe and secure to use. Kodi does not have its own content so make sure that you download add-ons only from trust developers in order to protect your data.
Keep following VidM for more!